Friday, May 7, 2010

Text + Image


I chose this photo because there is something magical about it. It brings out the inner child that exists in every one of us. This photo is special and playful and inspiring. In that light, I chose an inspirational quote about belief in one's self and how that can affect the world. I placed this quote in a all encompassing circle so it was in harmony with the circles of light in the center of the photo. My font color was a light orange/gold that tied in with the light without drawing too much attention from my focal point.

In photoshop, I used a clone tool to cover up the faint outline of a garage off to the right side and slightly increased the contrast to allow the light to appear brighter. I believe this photo is simple and beautiful. Somehow, the composition is compelling and yet peaceful and harmonious. When I look at this photo I see an image of inspiration, a photo that really makes the viewer think. The only thing I wish I could change was the stone at the bottom of the photo. I didn't think I had enough material to clone it into grass. I believe it distracts from the focal point.

No comments:

Post a Comment