Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pop-Art Portrait


1. I first used a split-complementary color scheme. I chose blue to be my base color, and then addeded in little portions of yellow-orange and orange-red because they are adjacent to blue's compliment. Because of this unique scheme the photo seems lively and upbeat.
2. For my second square, I employed a monochromatic color scheme; burying my subject in various shades of purple. The single, cool color gives off a peaceful feeling.
3. In the bottom, left-hand corner I placed an analogous color scheme. This scheme, focusing on shades near to one another, contains shades of orange, red-orange, and green-orange. This scheme is very harmonious to the eye.
4. For my final image, I chose a ....duh duh duh...TRIADIC SCHEME!!! This is definitely the most striking scheme of the four. I used the evenly-spaced colors blue-green, light orange, and light purple to create a really funky palatte with a lot of interest.

Overall, I really liked how this assignment turned out. My palattes are fun and unique, creating a very fresh and energetic feeling. I also really tried to balance the colors out so there wasn't an overwhelming amount of warm or cool hues.
If there was one thing I could change about my images, it would be to correct the edges on the rims of the sunglasses. Even though I tried really hard to get those edges as perfect as possible, it was still a little uneven.

No comments:

Post a Comment