Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Artist's Statement


Lauren Barden

Artist’s Statement



http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b4/Sharbat_Gula.jpg

Art is one of the greatest ways to capture the rich beauty around us. I am always amazed by the pleasure a simple painting or photograph can afford as it presents me with a single moment in time, a little slice of the incredible beauty in this journey we call life. Photography is a tool that helps me allow others to see the world through my eyes. In a picture, I can capture things that interest and move me in a way that may influence other’s perceptions as well.
A picture that is thoughtful and well constructed can tell a powerful story and even leave a permanent mark on those who experience it. It helps us as members of the human race come to understand and respect one another. I aim to tell stories through my pictures, to show others windows into new places and new ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment